Security Guard or Security Officers are expected to obey to a code of ethics in accordance with the rules and regulations of the Republic Act. 5487 known as “Security Agency Law in the Philippines”
Basically, private security companies often provide their security personnel with a written code of ethics to guide the performance of their duties.
So, here’s the following code of ethics for security guard in the Philippines.
- As a security agent, his fundamental duty is to serve the interest or mission of his agency in compliance with the contract entered into with the clients of the agency he is supposed to serve.
- He shall be honest in thoughts and deeds both in his personal and official actions, obeying the law of the land and the regulations prescribed by his agency and those established by the company he is supposed to protect.
- He shall not reveal any confidential matter that is confided to him as a security guard and such other matters imposed upon him by law.
- He shall act at all times with decorum and shall not permit personal feelings, prejudices and undue friendship to influence his actuation in the performance of his official functions.
- He shall not compromise with criminals and other lawless elements to the prejudice of the customer or his client but assist the government in its relentless drive against lawlessness and other forms of criminality.
- He must carry his assigned duties as a security guard or watchman as required by law to the best of his ability and safeguard life and property to the establishment he is assigned.
- He shall wear his uniform, badge, patches, and insignia properly as a symbol of public trust and confidence as an honest and trustworthy security guard, watchman and private detective.
- He must keep his allegiance first to the government, to the agency he is and to the establishment he is assigned to serve with loyalty and dedicated service.
- He shall diligently and progressively familiarize himself with the rules and regulations laid down by his agency and that of the customer or clients.
- He shall at all times be courteous, respectful and salute to his superior officers, government officials and officials of the establishment where he is assigned and the company he is supposed to serve.
- He shall report performing his duties always in proper uniform and neat in his appearance.
- He shall learn at heart or memorize and strictly observe the laws and regulations governing the use of firearms.
So, thank you very for your precious time and God bless!
I would really appreciate if you leave some comments about your thoughts…